We are excited to offer our Stay-Cation Sex Ed Program for young people and caregivers this April!
Our Stay-Cation Sex Ed will include four workshops, held daily from Monday April 19th through Thursday April 22nd; each workshop will be offered once for parents and other caregivers and once for young people between 8th and 10th grade. While it is not required for students and caregivers to attend together, this series is a great opportunity for families to engage with the same material and start deeper conversations about human sexuality!
Dates & Times:
- Daily from Monday April 19th-Thursday 22nd
- Parent/Caregiver Session: 12:00-1:00 PM
- Student Session: 1:30-2:30 PM
- Introduction to Sexuality- Monday 4/19
- Sexual and Reproductive Anatomy- Tuesday 4/20
- Sexually Transmitted Infections & Protection Methods- Wednesday 4/21
- Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships- Thursday 4/22
Our workshops are drawn from the curricula Let’s Be Honest: Conversations in Families that Keep Kids Healthy (for parents and caregivers) and Get Real: Comprehensive Sex Ed That Works (for teens). The Get Real High School Curriculum is a comprehensive, evidence-informed sexuality education curriculum developed by Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts that empowers students in grades 9 and 10 to delay sex and protect themselves from pregnancy and STIs. Get Real High School:
- Emphasizes social and emotional skills as key components of healthy relationships and responsible decision making
- Promotes abstinence from sex as a safe and healthy choice for high school students and provides a comprehensive understanding of sexual health, sexuality and protection methods
- Supports parents and other caring adults as the primary sexuality educators of their teens with activities that encourage dialogue between students and the caring adults in their lives
- Is developmentally appropriate, inclusive of LGBTQ+ youth, trauma informed, and aligned to national health education standards